Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Ring bike shop

If you happen to find yourself in Numazu during your travels around the most exciting and happening places of the world and in need of a bicycle, go to My Ring bike shop. The man running the store speaks English and is very nice to deal with. You can buy or rent a bike (hire fee 300 yen per hour, which is peanuts), or get your own bike repaired there. My personal experience today was that I took my bike in for a repair, he fiddled with it for a bit and then said he'd need to order in an extra part for it which would take four days and I could borrow one of his bikes while mine was out of action. He didn't ask for a deposit, or to see my passport, or anything for that matter. I was very impressed. The Numazu Traveler has said everything else there is to know about My Ring so you can find more useful information including how to get there here.

No comments: